Through Grihini, the marginalised young women of the Palni Hills, especially from Dalit and Tribal communities are empowered to transform their lives and are equipped with income generation skills; in doing so, they improve the conditions in their villages.
The objectives for 2020-2025 are outlined in the five year 2020-2025 Strategic Plan .
Our objective is that the program and its assets are managed well so that the following can be successfully achieved:
- Successful annual recruitment and admission of the target number of the most-needy students into the program in accordance with agreed criteria.
- Provision of quality residential care that will enhance the wellbeing of students so they have the best conditions for living in community.
- Provision of a personalised education program according to the personal and educational needs and aspirations of each student that enhances their:
- Personal development and self-esteem.
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills.
- Awareness of human rights and social justice.
- Communication, interpersonal and life-coping skills.
- Employability and entrepreneurship skills.
- English language skills.
- Knowledge of health and well-being.
- Development of staff and students’ effective communication and relationships with all key stakeholders and partners to enhance the outcomes for students, families, villages and staff.
- Supporting Grihini Alumni to explore options for continuing education, entrepreneurship, employment and village development in their role as agents of change in their villages.